WHAT WE DO
Laurie Curran Water Pty Ltd is a process engineering firm specialising in design and construction of water and wastewater treatment facilities in Australia and the subcontinent.
Laurie Curran Water offers services in 3 key areas:
1) Design and construction of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants across a range of disciplines. Including Dissolved Air Flotation Filtration Plants, Activated Sludge Plants, Reverse Osmosis Plants. This aspect of the company’s business also includes manufacture of equipment such as decanters and thickeners and design and construction of items such as chemical dosing systems.
2) Operation of Water Treatment Systems; Laurie Curran Water maintains and operates the flowing water treatment plants:
1. CityLink groundwater treatment system which includes full operation and maintenance of the treatment plant in Swan St, Richmond (which we designed and constructed in the first instance) and of the groundwater re-injection system which has bores along the Yarra River and in South Melbourne.
2. Flinders Island Tasmania, Both Lady Barron and Whitemark water treatment plants which supply drinking water to both townships. This contract includes the full operation and maintenance of these treatment plants to ensure drinking water is available to all members of the community.
3) Provision of consulting services to a range of entities such as Coliban Water, EarthTech and Central Highlands Water. These services run across water supply issues, wastewater treatment plant issues and Class A plant issues.
PARTICULAR AREAS OF EXPERTISE ARE AS FOLLOWS
Design and construction of Potable Water Treatment Plants
Design and construction of Wastewater Treatment Plants
Design and construction of Demineralization Systems
Design and construction of RO Systems
Iron Removal Systems
Alkalinity Removal Systems
Water Stabilization Systems (LSI and CCPP adjustments)
Portable PAC and chemical dosing systems
Chemical Dosing Systems
Design and manufacture of decanters and clarifier mechanisms
Design and manufacture of DAFF systems
Process water cooling and heat exchange system design
MORE ABOUT US
The company operates from its main office in Ocean Grove, Victoria, with an office and workshop in Geelong and a fully functioning office in Karachi, Pakistan.
Well known throughout Australia for its expertise in the Dissolved Air Flotation and Filtration process, the company’s range of processes extends across a broad range of technologies including various potable and wastewater treatment technologies, water stability treatment, reverse osmosis, activated sludge systems and all the various sub-technologies around those processes, such as DAFF systems, aeration systems, decanters and so on.
The company employs a number of engineers across the chemical and mechanical engineering disciplines and carries out all design work in those disciplines in house, with electrical and civil design work executed by local companies with whom we have had long associations.
In addition to the process expertise held by the company, LCW has extensive contracting experience, with fully developed OH&S, Quality Assurance and Environmental Management systems which are applied to all works in which we engage. Our Integrated Management System has been accredited by the Civil Contractors Federation, an ongoing accreditation process which ensures a dynamic and modern system is always in place and active.
Our design and project delivery capabilities are augmented by a strong commissioning team which operates under a well-developed ITP and checklist system to ensure safe and comprehensive commissioning activities are followed on each project.