Design and construction of the DAFF upgrade of Cobram Water Treatment Plant No. 2 with the fit-out of the Dissolved Air Flotation Filtration Trains No.3 and No.4, requiring:
- Retrofitting Filter to Waste to all four filters,
- D&C of turbidity metering on DAF cell outlets
- Upgrade of existing chemical systems: Lime and PAC
- Cross-connection of the two raw water inlet pipelines
- Cross-connect the two inlet raw water pipelines
- Modify two flocculation tank inlets and adjust equal flow splitting weirs across all four inlets
- Flocculation mixers and remote mounted VSDs for two trains of two-stage flocculation tanks
- Two filters including reinforced concrete dwarf walls, reinforced concrete filter plenum floors and filter nozzles, filter media, 316 SS backwash launders and backwash channel, instrumentation, and actuated control valves.
- All Filter pipework for the two filter trains including filtered water outlet and connection to the manifold;
- Upgrade of DAF recirculation pumps, motors, VSDs, pipework, and valves to provide 15% recirculation flow to all four DAF dispersion manifolds
- Duplicate the existing DAF recirculation pipework, saturator; control valves, dispersion pipework, and valves to DAFF Trains No.3 and No.4, isolation valves, and dispersion manifolds
- Float cutting spray ring main upgrade
- Access, walkways decking, and handrails over the DAFF tanks and safe access gates through handrails into each filter.
- Retrofitting of Filter to Waste to the four filters Pipelines
- Upgrade existing lime and PAC chemical dosing systems as follows:
- Electrical instrumentation and control systems
- Integration of operation of new upgraded DAFF trains with the untouched trains.